Monday, July 20, 2009

A Special Ordinary Day






Today's Pops' birthday. Started out pretty normal, just like any other day. That's the way Pops likes it. "Quiet appreciation " is what he calls it. We went to the Presidio where I got to sniff, run and play hide 'n' seek with him. He hides behind a tree and whistles for me and I pretend I can't see him. Then I run towards the tree and pretend to be surprised when he jumps out at me. Then I run around like crazy through the bushes and between the trees and dash past him and run circles around him... Pops - he's so easy to please.

After the Presidio, we stopped to buy dog food and said "Hi" to John at the pet food store. Then we made a last minute detour to Clement Street 'cause Pops got a hankerin' for char shiu baos. He went in to Wing Lee and bought one char shiu bao and one choy yuk bao and we ate them in the car on the way home. I have to agree - simple pleasures are the best.

Then Uncle Pete Almazol came over. He and Pops have the same birthday which, by the way, is the same date they landed on the moon! How cool is that for a couple of Cancer-moonchilds?

Well the rest of the day is turning out kinda dreary, with the fog an'all. Tonight Moms and Pops are going out to some fancy dinner - without us! Boo! Think I'll just go to sleep. Anyway, I've posted some pictures of me and Pops together at different times - all good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment