Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm ba-a-a-ck!


Hey - Hey! The D Dog is back! Just two days into the restart and Pops got sick! There's lots to say but he said his head feels like an over-ripe melon so I said I would sub for him. He's got this big ride coming up in Vancouver next week - the Gran Fondo Whistler, or some funny name like that. He's supposed to have been training a long time ago but he waited till the last minute. So now, each time he tries to "whip himself into shape", he gets sick! Bummer! But, that just means more time with me! Cool!

Hey did you see his new book of photographs of me and all the cool places we've been to? All my friends say, "You lucky dog!" 

I say luck's got nothing to do with it. If it weren't for me, Pops wouldn't have even gone to all those places. Well, OK, we're both lucky. Lucky to have each other.

"A man is a dog's best friend," so they say, but some people are pretty messed up, like my previous "owner" - he dumped me in the street and didn't even want me back after Animal Control found me. Imagine that! What did I ever do to him?! I know I would never leave my friends. I would never leave Pops. In fact, sometimes, when I roam too far and lose sight of Pops, I get a little panicky, know what I mean? But he always whistles to let me know where he is and boy, am I glad to hear that whistle blow! I just run as fast as I can to get back to him.

 


Pops says we're fellow travelers in life, and we help each other with our karma. He says because I'm a dog and he's a human, he's responsible for my karma too, to make sure I get a good reincarnation after I die. Pretty intense stuff. Half of the time I don't even know what he's talking about. He's funny that way.


Whoa! I just looked out the window and fog just rolled in - "with a vengeance," as Pops likes to say. When I started posting, it was all blue sky and sunshine! Go figure! It's San Francisco! See y'all soon! xoxo (= lick lick).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment